museum kunst palast, Düsseldorf/Germany
private energy for public art
In 1998, the museum kunst palast foundation was brought into being, within the scope of the co-operation between the regional capital of Düsseldorf and E.ON AG. Through this first long-term public-private partnership in the cultural area of culture, E.ON AG secured the financial fundament of museums kunst palast for a period of ten years.
In 1922, the Ehrenhof complex was built in Düsseldorf, under the leadership of the architect Wilhelm Kreis. After an intensive examination of the existing architecture, the alteration process was started in September 1998.
The architecture of the original building structure and the new E.ON company building could be successfully integrated. Highlights are the four large presentation halls, Robert-Schumann hall and the bright central domed foyer.
In 2001, DIEDERICHS took on project control for all four fields of activity. Through DIEDERICHS’ intensive service and support in the time between construction phase and utilisation, the museum could be opened in due time.
at a glance
Foundation museum kunst palast, Düsseldorf
Prof. Dr. Ing.
E.h. O. M. Ungers
Gross surface area
approx. 15.500 m²
approx. 77.500 m³
approx. 32,0 Mio. € gross
2000 - 2003
DIEDERICHS International GmbH
D-10115 Berlin, Germany
phone: +49 (0) 30. 21 23 38.38